Cool Interesting Dance Facts:
Dancers are known to be disciplined, focused and high achievers who tend to be successful students and hard workers. Research also proves that dancing also reduces stress and tension for the mind and body. Studies by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute have shown that dancing also prevents heart disease in particular. Dancers also have increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness. (No wonder professional dancers are today regarded as athletes.) Because of high physical demand on their bodies, most professional dances retire from dancing during their mid-30s. They also have better coordination, agility and flexibility. Professional dance is today regarded as one of the most demanding physical abilities and sports.
Fun Facts about Dance:1. I Could Have Danced All Night was the 24th most performed song of the 20th century.
2. Unlicensed dancing in public is illegal in Sweden including ‘illegally moving your feet to music’.
3. The dance known as the foxtrot was invented by Harry Fox in 1914.
4. In 2008, ballet classes were instituted for police officers in western Romania to help them move elegantly while directing traffic.
5. Under Egyptian law, belly-dancers must have their navel covered when they perform.
6. Marathon dance contests are illegal in the state of Washington.
Ancient Egyptians used dancing for both entertainment and religion.
7. “To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love.” (Jane Austen, Pride And Prejudice).
8. Around 30 thousand people are employed in UK dance industry today, maintaining around 200 dance companies.
9. Lion Dance is one of the most popular religious and ceremonious dances in China and surrounding countries of Taiwan, Korea and Japan. This dance can signify bringing of good fortune, ward of evil spirits and be an excellent showcase in martial arts proficiency.
If you are a new comer in the world of dance, a fantastic suggestion for you is using dance mirrors. It will not only give you more confidence as well as it will be like a dance teacher for you. You will judge you moves in dance activity mirror and this process of self judgement will take to you towards perfection day by day.